找回密码
 FreeOZ用户注册
查看: 12818|回复: 80
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[work&lifestyle] 趣味面试英语

[复制链接]
1#
发表于 2-9-2013 07:13:21 | 显示全部楼层

Michelle, just drop a line here to let you know that whatever program you started, I am always behind you!

I will follow up with some relevant talks later on!

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
摄郎 + 50 崇拜一下。
MICHELLE07 + 50 谢谢!!你真好

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

2#
发表于 2-9-2013 17:01:19 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 20-9-2013 18:18 编辑
MICHELLE07 发表于 1-9-2013 21:56
我自己看了一下,场景模拟对话形式的英语,对培养语感还是有帮助的。
但语言点比较少,内容覆盖范围不理想 ...

Michelle,

I would like to start my part with a resignation letter, if I may! I am doing this to lay a foundation for what I will bring up in the coming job-interview directed talks!

Please bear with me on this!

Dear XXX,

As hard as I could imagine, after stuttering out to you about my transfer to XXX hospital, it now becomes many times harder for me to actually submit the resignation to you.

I have always spoken of how I have been fascinated by the comprehensive knowledge you and some senior staff have shown, and also I have been trying hard wishing to play a critical part in the unit like the senior staff do. But, no matter how hard I try, I have always been far from that level, which often makes me feel so frustrated and helpless. So, when the opportunity to build up my skills came along, I really did not want it to slip away from me.

In order to take myself up to different cardiac nursing competencies, I would like to transfer to CCU, XXX hospital. Hopefully, in the future, I will be more qualified in what I do and be able to grow into a multiple experienced cardiac nurse.

It has been such a huge privilege for me to work with you and all staff over these three years. All the way along, I have been grateful to you for granting me a great start in Cardiac Nursing, to all staff for guiding me through this specialty.

Especially during my post-graduate cardiac course, your strong support was counted as the back-bone for me to survive the hardship and stand up tall through to the end.

I have been falling madly in love with cardiac nursing through the time I am in it, and I take you for the full credits for it in this regard.

I am aware that it will be a huge loss for me not to have your supportive team around every so often to address my learning needs. But I have to go for some exposures to invasive pacing and IABP, which are not accessible to me due to lack of  medical and technical support, to integrate my cardiac nursing skills.

If possible, I wish I could commence my shift on the 20th of August in XXX hospital, which would make my last shift here the 19th of August.

Your attention on this matter has been very much appreciated!

All the best wishes to you and family!

Yours faithfully,

XXX

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
MICHELLE07 + 50 是你真实的版本吧
newozer + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2-9-2013 19:28:54 | 显示全部楼层
So, for the following question we might get asked from the potential future employer, we need to provide all the positive components from the previous employer.

CAN WE PLEASE ASK YOU THE REASON YOU ARE TRYING TO LEAVE YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?

Well, if possible, I wish I would never have to leave my current employer to pursuit career somewhere else, because they granted me a great start in this industry and have been supporting me in many aspects all the way through.

But, due to the insufficient technic support and limited resources, it's very hard for me to realize my ambitions in exploring more advanced techniques and testing out my potentials.

I am a person who loves the challenges and gets tired of professional life filled with inertia. So, any time when I see not much challenges ahead in my current position, I would like to get up and go for further adventures to complete my professional growth.

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 Very well said!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
MICHELLE07 + 50 准备背下来,哈哈

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2-9-2013 19:38:51 | 显示全部楼层
Please be mindful about what you think of your previous employer. No matter how much you believed you were treated unfairly, there is no point referring that to your future employer. Because that might make them judge on your interpersonal skills.

This point will be reflected on my next questionnaire!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2-9-2013 19:58:20 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 3-9-2013 22:34 编辑

IN YOUR WORKPLACE, IF YOU BELIEVE YOU GOT MISUNDERSTOOD/MISTREATED BY YOUR COLLEAGUES, WHAT WOULD DO?

Well, luckily enough, I have never come across this issue in my company so far! But I wouldn't mind adventuring an answer to this question.

I guess it would make more sense for me to reflect on what's happening and sort out why the misunderstanding occurred. I would try to put myself into the other party's shoes (站在对方的立场上看问题), and ask myself what I would do if I were him or her.

Then, I would sit both of us down to take my concerns out in the open and discuss what the other party would want me to do differently in the same situation.

All in all, I don't believe there is anything unsolvable if we keep open the effective communication line!

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 简单有效的 回答!赞!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
MICHELLE07 + 50 这个好!是最难回答的问题之一

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2-9-2013 20:18:00 | 显示全部楼层

A: Okay, so let’s go over everything one more time. I really want you to get this job!

B: I know! It’s an amazing growth opportunity! They’re true industry leaders, and it would be so interesting to be part of an organization that is the undisputed (毫无疑问的)leader in business process platform development.

A: So, let’s see, you did your research on the company, right?

B: Well, I visited their website and read up on what they do. They’re an IT service company that offers comprehensive business solutions for large corporations. They provide services such as CRM(客户关系管理) development, and they also offer custom designed applications.

A: So what would your role in the company?

B: Well, the position is for an account manager. That basically means that I would be the link between our and our development team.

A: Sounds good, and so, why do you want to work with them?

B: Well, as I said they’re the industry leaders, they have a really great growth strategy, amazing development opportunities for employees, and it seems like they have strong corporate governance.

@MICHELLE07

If I were the manager or human resource staff who interview you, I would offer you the position on spot (当场) based on what you said if I could!  

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 呵呵,事先做充分的准备工作是很有必要的!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2-9-2013 20:29:52 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 2-9-2013 20:41 编辑
MICHELLE07 发表于 1-9-2013 16:42
面试的后半部分,关于雇主为什么要雇佣你(你的优点和匹配度)、有什么缺点

A: Very good. Now, I have a ...

These strengths are very impressive to any employer! And the statistics gives your strengths further back-up.

Very well done!
回复  

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 3-9-2013 16:57:31 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 3-9-2013 17:01 编辑

WHY DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD HIRE YOU/WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR?

Now, they grant you a chance to promote yourself, which is what I love the most about this culture. Please put behind the humble culture we have grown up in, do your best to talk yourself up (说自己的好话/使劲喷吧!), take this showing-off as your precious chance after forever being kept in low key in the name of humbleness (以谦恭为名而被迫保持低调) and enjoy your freedom of speech carefree (无忧无虑地享受言论自由吧)!

Sorry, I got carried away a little bit (有点跑题了), I will go back on track in next post! Heeeheee  

PS: About specialty related talks, please refer to @MICHELLE07 's post, I will only touch base with you on the general edges (优势) of yours.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
MICHELLE07 + 50 是的,被问到这个问题,是个好机会

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 3-9-2013 17:02:53 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 3-9-2013 17:32 编辑

Well, growing in a conservative culture, I am not used to concentrating on my strengths only! But I guess I have to touch on some of my edges on this position, so you can consider me a valuable candidate.

First of all, I have a wonderful working ethic (工作理念) which has been very much acknowledged by my current manager and staff members. I have been always passionate about what I do and been proactive (积极主动) about it.

The above strengths have been reflected on my punctuality, reliability, accountability and creativity.

I hate putting off assignment until the last minute, whatever I am allocated to, I will finish it in a timely manner. When there was a staff shortage, I never mind working overtime to relieve the staffing stress. Also, I am strictly compliant with my company's vision on being trustworthy, whatever I do, it will be guided by a strong sense of responsibility. However, I don't just confine myself within what I am instructed to, I will do some critical thinking on how to go about the tasks more efficiently and creatively. Sometimes, if I come up with what I believe is more creative, I will by all means bring it up to my manager's attention and explore its feasibility (可行性).

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 折服!
tingnishuo + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 非常有用

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 3-9-2013 17:33:05 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 3-9-2013 19:01 编辑

Secondly, I have been a wonderful team player wherever such a skill is a must. I understand the cooperative team performance can play a crucial role in a complexed project. I have never downplayed the significance of working collaboratively with my colleagues.

As matter of fact, I have actually enjoyed good reputation in liaising with the whole team, assisting with an effective communication line among my colleagues, making myself available for team members whenever they are left behind.

So far, it's safe to say that all the projects I have joined in have been accomplished on time!

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 a wonderful team player
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

11#
发表于 3-9-2013 17:33:21 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 3-9-2013 19:19 编辑

Thirdly, I have mastered a fantastic time-management skill, which ensured my satisfactory professional performance. Whenever I am allocated to a project, I have always stepped aside for a while and outline a detailed schedule based on the priority of every single step, and then set the deadline for them accordingly.

Before I go ahead with next step, I will reassess the schedule and adjust the next priority if required. So, even working under a stressful situation, I can still figure out an efficient approach to achieve the expected outcome.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 fantastic time-management skill
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 3-9-2013 17:33:52 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 3-9-2013 19:27 编辑

The last but not least, I am a fast learner as long as I get my hands on something. All through my professional life, I have put so much effort in updating my knowledge and skills. No matter how challenging the new technique is, I have never withdrawn myself from it and always make sure I am way ahead in the frontline.  

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 学习你的态度

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 3-9-2013 19:32:37 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 11-9-2013 16:46 编辑

So far, the holes dug up by me have been filled up in this questionnaire. It is up to you, whoever relevant, to figure out an example to back up your claims, just in case, you are asked to provide a scenario to support what you claimed to be.

Courtesy reminder (友情提示) :

Whenever asked about your strengths, you should never go soft-spoken (千万别嘴软哪) about them!

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 5威望 +224 收起 理由
uu + 50 谢谢分享!
MICHELLE07 + 50 非常有道理
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 你太有才了!
newozer + 50 很给力!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 3-9-2013 23:07:57 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 3-9-2013 23:04
你分享的关于自己的强项、优点方面的“自我推销”非常好,正是我在寻找的。
我准备仔细阅读,再提炼一 ...

Please go right ahead with what you think is helpful!
回复  

使用道具 举报

15#
发表于 4-9-2013 20:36:36 | 显示全部楼层
Sorry, @MICHELLE07

I didn't do anything for this topic today, because I was attending a conference held by DCXG TREATMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE, it kinda distracted me from here.

I pasted the link here for you if you are interested!

http://www.freeoz.org/ibbs/thread-1084621-1-1.html

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
x24 + 24 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 never mind, let's have a rest

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

16#
发表于 11-9-2013 16:58:33 | 显示全部楼层
Sorry, guys, I have been moonlighting in 生活百科 these days and taken an unusually long break from this topic.

Now, I found my working ethic back and recommence my long over-due questionnaires in relation to the job interview.

Hopefully, the inspiration (灵感) will hit on my absented mind while I am trekking along (艰难跋涉) this trail!

Amen!

评分

参与人数 5威望 +224 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 inspiration!
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!
welshzh + 50 你太搞笑了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

17#
发表于 11-9-2013 17:08:23 | 显示全部楼层
DO YOU MIND TELLING US WHAT YOUR WEAKNESSES ARE?

(Heeeheee, even though you have some weaknesses, you would sure mind telling them! Who would be so naive to tell the potential employers what your weaknesses are? Even though you have some weaknesses, it will be the employers' responsibility to find them out in the process you are working for them and making money from them, not before!

But, it's your responsibility to provide an answer to the tricky question, so you will have to come up with one or two)

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 5威望 +224 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 tricky question
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
tingnishuo + 50 你太有才了!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!
welshzh + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 11-9-2013 17:47:06 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 11-9-2013 22:17 编辑

Well, I have been constantly enjoying the positive feedbacks all through my professional life from my current employer in terms of wonderful working ethics, team-playing spirit, being reliable and creative, and what have you 等等,诸如此类的!

However, I know myself better than anyone else! There are couple of shortcomings of mine I have been fighting hard against. If you must know, I wouldn't mind taking them out on the table (公开地谈谈).

First, I am a bit pushy and too focus on the deadlines especially when the project is crucial to the company's reputation and financial success. At the time like this, I would occasionally appear a little bit uptight (紧张的/不善言笑的), this would sure make me pay much attention to the detailed communication and cause a little misunderstanding among colleagues.

Secondly, I would show a little lack of flexibility in social activities when the unexpected events stand in the way of assignment progress. Then, I would shut off my contacts with the outside world, and this would jeopardize my friendship with my colleagues and then probably negatively affect the working dynamics (对工作氛围带来点儿负面影响).

So, the above two fields will be something for me to work on, and I am sure I will develop some strategies to balance my working and social life. Then, I will call myself fully grown both in my professional and social world.

评分

参与人数 7威望 +324 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 你太有才了!太有才了!
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 a little lack of flexibility in social a
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

19#
发表于 11-9-2013 18:30:06 | 显示全部楼层
THERE WILL BE A LOT OF STRESS COMING FROM THIS POSITION, WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO RELIEVE YOU FROM IT?

After these years I have worked in this industry, I have come across many different challenges. From these experiences, I have picked up and mastered some stress-reduction skills to pull myself through the hard times!

First, figure out what the top priority is in this project and focus on that accordingly. Then, the stress will be a bit less when the most crucial step is kicked start (启动). Afterwards, I would go about every following step in order.

Second, if I found myself stuck in the seemingly dead-end situation (似乎无出路的困境), I would step back and trouble-shoot (寻找故障) where it went wrong and amend it accordingly. If there is still no way out, I would resort to my senior staff for suggestions and draw on their experiences to find a perfect solution.

Thirdly, if I found the overwhelming stress affect my job performance, I would take a little break and keep my mind off the stress for a bit. When I feel refreshed and rejuvenated (精神恢复), I would be able to work much more effectively and efficiently.

评分

参与人数 6威望 +274 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 stress-reduction skills
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 11-9-2013 19:17:34 | 显示全部楼层
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL, WHAT CONTRIBUTION DO YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE TO THE COMPANY?

(Haaahaaa, another chance for you to blow your own horns 为自己唱赞歌, please seize the moment 一定要逮住这个时刻)

First of all, I can set up a wonderful role-model for the junior staff what a professional staff should be, since I have enjoyed so much positive feedbacks in my current work place. Those feedbacks have indicated I have been on the perfect direction in my career, and I can certainly regard them as the professional guidance to pass on to the next generation of staff.

Secondly, I am a well-experienced staff in this industry. My expertise will be playing a significant part whenever the company goes through the staff shortage and lacks in skilled hands in some fields. What makes me more reliable is that I got a strong sense of responsibility for what I do, and I have always been accountable and accessible to the company's urgent needs! So, I can confidently guarantee that you won't regret if you grant me this opportunity in this company!

Thirdly, I am very keen to share my knowledge with fellow colleagues and I will sure continue to do the same onwards. I have adventured in the preceptor field (教学领域) recently and felt so privileged to be able to pass on to the junior staff the relevant updates in this specialty. So, I can take on the preceptor role as well in the relevant areas when the new staff come under my supervision.

评分

参与人数 6威望 +274 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 excellent!!!
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
tingnishuo + 50 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

21#
发表于 11-9-2013 19:39:45 | 显示全部楼层
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE UNSUCCESSFUL IF WE ANOTHER CANDIDATE FITS IN THIS POSITION BETTER THAN YOU, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Well, I understand this situation completely. And you need to recruit someone you think probably more suitable than me.

However, from my point of view, I will be the best candidate to fill in this position. So, I would really appreciate it if you consider me the best possible option when you shortlist the applications!

I am so looking forward to working with all of you and bringing my passion and expertise to this company!

(Heeeheee, after all of my self-promotions, if you are still not convinced enough to offer me this job, you really need to ask yourself a serious question about what more you are gonna require from a good employee! Heeeheee)

评分

参与人数 5威望 +250 收起 理由
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 haha.."you really need to ask yours
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
tingnishuo + 50 你太有才了!
welshzh + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 11-9-2013 19:48:20 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 12-9-2013 18:48 编辑

So far, my Q & A in job interview come to a brief end (暂时告一个段落), good luck to those who are seeking jobs they are passionate about!

The right is reserved (保留权利) for me to jump back in if something new crosses my mind (掠过大脑).

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
青冥揽日 + 50 你的思路很棒!英语也很地道!学习!
MICHELLE07 + 50 great beautiful sharing
welshzh + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 12-9-2013 09:56:22 | 显示全部楼层
@MICHELLE07

Please be advised, LD attended your talk show and bought the tickets in the front row!

Heeeheee

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 I'm coming
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 13-9-2013 11:07:23 | 显示全部楼层
welshzh 发表于 12-9-2013 21:50
yping88, EmilyS, 你们好
楼主推荐我来看这个帖.你们写得很出色,谢谢分享.虽然我看得有点吃力,但还是认 ...

I feel much less of myself in FreeOz without your company, @MICHELLE07

Please get better sooner!  

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
newozer + 50 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 16-9-2013 14:53:56 | 显示全部楼层
x24 发表于 16-9-2013 09:48
希望lz安好。期待超人回归,强势复出。

x24, now I realize why your handle is named so.

I am a slow poke, but I am keen to figure things out!

I am, too, under a strong impression that @MICHELLE07 just needs some distance and quiet, and then, she will be coming back with another blockbuster she has been cooking up!
回复  

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 16-9-2013 16:54:52 | 显示全部楼层
x24 发表于 16-9-2013 16:48
haha,
Just as an old Chinese saying. If one person hides something, you can not dig it out with ev ...

Heeeheee

My name is not secret any more, is it!

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 and you are well-known
x24 + 24 恭喜你!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 16-9-2013 16:58:43 | 显示全部楼层
If one person hides something, you can not dig it out with even 10

I lost you on this expression, @x24

Could you please advise me?  

评分

参与人数 2威望 +74 收起 理由
x24 + 24 恭喜你!
MICHELLE07 + 50 看59楼,你给重新翻译一下吧?

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 17-9-2013 10:08:52 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07         + 50        and you are well-known

No, @MICHELLE07

What's with @newozer 's motto KEEP A LOW PROFILE?

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
newozer + 50 这才是真正滴。。。高手。。。高手。。。高.
uu + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 haha, my cute popular lady,yping

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 17-9-2013 16:44:24 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 17-9-2013 16:29
EmilyS,非常喜欢你提供的情景模拟和答案。

一般来说,面试官有人事经理、业务经理和总经理。人事经 ...

I am all ears to what they have to say! Those are very challenging questions!
回复  

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 17-9-2013 16:57:03 | 显示全部楼层
Well done, Michelle!

You are someone who takes career and life seriously! I look up to you!

I am also looking forward to witnessing @EmilyS 's brilliant performance in the interview!   

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
uu + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+10, 21-5-2024 19:47 , Processed in 0.092070 second(s), 45 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.